This is a list in progress. (Do you know of someone I have missed? Let me know.)
Let’s get started, past and present Youtube content creators sharing videos and vlogs about and from Thailand. (I will add a link to Bloggers and Travel writers based out of Thailand later. I need to start that list first.)
Present (dominated by white male expats with varied interests. Many family friendly channels among this first batch. I don’t think any of the below are overtly sexpats. ):
- 40k subscribers, Minority Nomad, 16.1k subscribers, Erick Prince, inspiring, “I’m Erick! I’m a writer, photographer, philanthropist, and world traveler on a quest to become the first African American to visit every country in the world.”
- Retired Working For You, 114k subscribers. Family friendly. In his own words: “My name is Chris, and this channel has 2 goals: 1. Offer fun + informative videos from Bangkok and other parts of Thailand. 2. Create a growing community of people who inspire one another to live life to the fullest.” <>
- Idea Studio , 5.7k subscribers: An American designer and entrepreneur living in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Bangkok Strange, 349 subscribers, “The beautiful, strange world of Bangkok, Thailand”
- Julian K Glasser, 5,3k subscribers: Real Estate Agent, and Entrepreneur! 3+ years of real estate experience in America now a Real Estate Agent in Bangkok,
- Mickey Stotch, 90.7k, “Travel, Food and Adventure videos made by a hungry Russian eating machine, exploring amazing destinations of Southeast Asia.”
- Ceejay Same Same But Different, 1,7k subscribers, Traveling this beautiful planet, it’s important to see what’s out there. If you’re willing to travel you will become a well-rounded person.
- notime2bsad, 62.8k subscribers, really friendly. “Quit the American dream of buying crap we don’t need, to impress people we don’t like, with money we don’t have. Simple just living life. Please feel free to follow us on our journey around Asia and beyond. Life is very Unpredictable, and so are we…”
- Rides 4 Kickz, 40k subscribers. I had a quick look at one of his videos after someone recommended him to me on Reddit: “Retired expat, based in Pattaya but family friendly (mostly) with travel, lifestyle tips, and motorbikes. Very good production values.”
- Jersey Farang in Thailand, 4k subscribers
- Jim Andrews, 7.2k subscribers, sexpat?, Hua Hin & Bangkok
- Sunny Schollenbruch, 21.9k, “A regular guy who loves to produce, direct, act and edit my own movies.”
- Our Life Thai, 24.7k subscribers, Australian living in Thailand with his Thai wife. Family friendly.
- Warren Gerdes TV, 7.5k subscribers, seems family friendly. Retired Aussie expat living in Thailand with his Thai ladyboy fiancée. “My fiancée is a post-op ladyboy and we have been together since 2009. I finally moved to Thailand in September 2016 because the 8 years of travelling to see her was taking its toll.” <>
- Kru Dylan, 15.8k subscribers, Family friendly. English Teacher in Thailand, speaks English & Thai with subtitles in his videos. “Making videos about lifestyle and food in Chiang Mai, Thailand. ทำวิดีโอเกี่ยวกับไลฟ์สไตล์และอาหารในเชียงใหม่ประเทศไทย”
- The Naked Guru in Thailand, 13.6 subscribers, Family friendly. “We have a small farm in the Thai countryside where we live a very basic life, growing our own food & taking care of the land. You will see how we travel Asia as a family, how we live on the farm, & what it is like to have a Thai partner & son as a westerner.”
- 20 Seconds in Thailand, 55.5k subscribers,
- CB Media, 294k subscribers, “Traveling to insane places in Southeast Asia playing with racecars and going on adventures.”
- David Bond, 501k subscribers
- Mark Wiens, 7.44 million subscribers. Very Family Friendly, always positive. “Food is the reason you should travel, and on my channel you’ll watch videos about delicious street food and travel tips! Video Posting Schedule: Sundays & Wednesdays at 8 pm Bangkok time (GMT+7), and some occasional extras. Subscribe now so you don’t miss the next video!”
- Joel Bruner, 64k subscribers, wholesome and very family friendly, always uplifting. Key topics are food and being a good human, plus cycling. Healthy relationships with people. “Welcome to this channel, a place where I hope to create and cultivate motivation through stories in video form. I travel a lot, and I always have, but what I’m always looking out for are the little things that make up the daily lives of people in (whichever place I’m lucky that day to visit!). On this channel, the videos you will watch will include experiences out in nature, occasionally a mission to find a new and tasty food, but really what it will showcase is my greatest love of all – PEOPLE.”
- Brett Dev, 36.4k subscribers, Freelance web developer living in Chiang Mai, Thailand. “.. a mix of informative guides and information about how you can build businesses that thrive online, along with personal videos and vlogs about my life in Chiang Mai.”
- Global Travel Mate, 18.4k subscribers. “Showing Bangkok through my lens. My name is Jeroen, I am from the Netherlands and have been living in Bangkok for over 10 years now. I run a Real Estate company called Sukhumvit Homes.”
- KayyyWild, “Quit my job, and headed out to South-East Asia to get a new view of the world. Currently with just a GoPro to hand, and a will to film everything and anything interesting, my life is yours to enjoy!”
- MinawaTube, Ahmed Minawa. “For the past couple of years I have been traveling around Asia. I talk about business and travel experiences I had living in Asia”
- Jungle Life, 390 subscribers. “Living in the real jungle, after 8 years in the concrete jungle, Bangkok. In this channel there will be videos about the movie business and how we live now.”
- Another Day On Earth, 1.17k subscribers, “Hi. My name is Jonathan Paul. Some know me as an international contemporary artist, but really I’m just one of everyone – simply enjoying yet another day on earth. My goal is to share with you fun and informative videos about my journey + to inspire your journey to take risks and push live your life to its fullest.”
Short term Thai residency
Asian Youtube Creator
- Talk Asia , from Korea
- Forrest Lee, 13k subscribers, “Former American military making up for lost time by traveling around the world and sharing with you my adventures”
- Win Kiling, Filipino English teacher living in Thailand. Newbie Vlogger.
Value added content / based in Thailand
- Mike Explores, 220 subscribers, “Hi my name is Michael Biedassek, nicknamed Mike. I share the stories of the Thailand’s communities, heritage and people in order to support important ideas, projects and small businesses. I don’t want to show you yet another top-10 roof top bar for you to get a better understanding of the realities, because much of what we love about Thailand cannot be taken for granted anymore. I hope my content will help you to experience Thailand on a deeper level, have a more informed visit and to create a positive impact while traveling.”
- Nick Nimmin, 767 k subscribers. Family friendly. “Nick Nimmin shares YouTube tips, video tips, YouTube video ideas and more to help you grow your YouTube channel by getting more subscribers and views. If you’re a Youtuber, business owner or hobbyist who is interested in making videos for YouTube make sure to subscribe for helpful training videos.”
Women Youtubers in Thailand – help me find more!
- See you around,
- Tah Jetiyamon, 18.3k subscribers, “I left my job in finance to travel and make films” – HIGH quality editing.
Family Youtubers in Thailand:
- News from the Shoes, 7.54k subscribers. “We are Carey, Josua, Hailey and Max Shoemaker, a swiss-american family of four currently living in Thailand.”
- Lilly’s Expat Life, 5.69k subscribers. “Lilly Hubbard lives in Koh Samui, Thailand since 2013. She shares her expat life with her Thai husband Wat in Thailand. Thai food, culture and family life in Thailand.”
Frequent Thai Travel
- Andy Wright Travel, 1.93k subscribers, Disability Travel Advocate. “I am Andy Wright and I was born with Cerebral Palsy. This was made worse by failed lumbar spine surgery in 2014. I have never let it or anyone limit the things I do, including walking and working. I have been lucky enough to travel the world to some places you could only dream about. I am a teacher of martial arts holding a 7th Dan grade and Qigong, which I used to rehabilitate myself after failed back surgery. My channel is all about inspiring you to explore this world of ours even if you have limitations. If you want fly-on-the-wall vlogs on Thai Family Life, tips hints, advice and guidance OR you’re looking for access information and advice about Thailand, this is the place to be!”
- Reeshard Travel, 6.38 k subscribers. “American living in San Francisco. I have visited Thailand 26 times.”
- Ken Abroad, 49.4 k subscribers, “I am Ken Abroad, a full-time traveler traveling southeast Asia. During the next months I will be living in Bangkok, Thailand and bring you around this vibrant city of Bangkok and the beautiful country of Thailand. If you are interesting in traveling Thailand or living in Bangkok 2021, this content might be something for you.”
Past (have left Thailand now)
- 8 Miles from Home (Slow travel, family friendly. They moved to Portugal and are now in the Philippines)
- Chocolate Man in Thailand, 7,44k subscribers, he seems to have archived his channel but keep an eye, you never know, he might be back.
- Live Travel Asia, 40.7 k subscribers
- Shine bright like Tida, 3.2k subscribers, an Authentic sauce about Thai women and Thai culture.
- สาวอุดรกับสามีฝรั่ง Udon Lady With Farang, 125k subscribers, Thai family lifestyle Vlog in Udonthani Esan Thailand
- Miss Jira Thailand, 10.5k subscribers, Property in Thailand , House , condo , investment , Daily life , travelling. Professional & Fun!
- Eyes of a Thai, 4.3k subscribers, “Nid happy Lady from Mukdahan, Isaac. Living the simple life with my family, Making videos of Rural Thailand life.”
- FahFah, 294k subscribers, “Took a different path and determined to be a content creator.”
- NosickHandup ใครไม่ป่วยยกมือขึ้น, 281 k subscribers, male Youtuber,
- Kev-in-Thailand, 31.3k subscribers. “I am living in Pattaya Thailand and filming what its like living here, Showing the life and places around Pattaya, Everything that is available here as an expat and as a tourist, I am hoping this channel is fun and informational to its viewers.”
Help me add more Youtube creators to this list. Who have I missed?
This list took almost 5 solid hours to compile: Did you find it useful?
You can Support me with Fruit, coffee, noodle soup or a whole meal so that I’ll have the energy to start on the Thailand Travel writers list for you!
Sponsored by nobody.
If you ever need to send money abroad and want to save a lot of money while doing so then use THIS link and you get your first transfer for free. No strings attached. Transferwise has saved me hundreds of dollars in fees over the last 5 years of making occasional cross border transfers. (They are also rebranding and are transitioning to their new name: Wise. So I think their branding is going to take a few months before everything will be rebranded with the new name. When I used my first free transfer I kind of wasted it on transferring $10 to test the waters. You could do that if it is the first time that you are considering using anything other than your bank account or Paypal. p.s. Transferwise is MUCH better than PayPal for sending money. MUCH!)
You can read an older post I wrote about my experience with Transferwise HERE.
Awkwards_Travel on Twitch. A young couple, age group mid-20s? Or is it just a single person? I can’t quite work it out. A couple who previously sailed a boat around but now are/is in Thailand? Twitch is completely new to me and I am not sure how to navigate it yet. Give me a couple of days and I’ll be back! New horizons. Thank you to the reddit user who recommend this ‘channel?’. — sorry about the confusion. I am not sure what to make of this. I can’t really find any written information at all.