There is no use in having great reasons why life today is upside down and nothing works. It’s ok, the reasons are real, but we are no longer children and we need to decide today: Will we sink with these problems and challenges or will we swim against all the odds?
It is easy to have opinions on what other people put out on the internet. But consider this: If your response is a billboard, is it the image of yourself that you want to hold up in the world?
Change is hard. There is no way to sugar coat it: sometimes change is devastating and very lonely. Don’t give up.
You can do more than you think you can. You probably also should rest more than you do. Set your ambitions higher and do the same for your boundaries.
Are you over 40? Where did your dreams go? Find them. It’s not too late.
Start today by making it your goal to each day do something that helps other be a better version of themselves. You put it out there, they can choose to use it or stay tangled in status quo.
Tidy up your life. If it would take you 2 months to pack everything you own, then your life is in a mess and you must fix it. When it takes this long to organise yourself then you are spending too much time taking care of your past and not enough in the present or future.
What message do you have that you wish people would pay more attention to?
Some of Mine:
- Buy less groceries and eat what you have. It will save you money and reduce food waste. Both are important.
- Take more responsibility for your life
- learn something for 30 minutes a day, before nestling into your nest with Netflix or tv.
- Share what you learn
- Imagine what it would be like if you earned an extra $27 each day = and you would have $10 000 in 12 months. If only there wasn’t the issue or taxes and healthcare insurance cost, but don’t discard the principle idea just because there are limiting technicalities.
- Use language as discerningly as your education allows. A well spoken person makes a better impression on the world.
- Value education.
- Don’t fall for populism and easy answers. Life is complex.
- Sleep as much and when you want, as long as you get your work done.
- Focused 3 hours of work a day for all your life will get you further than worrying about what you should do and living life by someone else’s plan.
- Don’t idolise others, they may be just as lost as you are yourself. Be inspired by others to fire your ambition and motivation.